Torn Between Two

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.
Philippians 1:21-24 (NIV)

I thought about this Scripture yesterday on my return trip to the U.S. because I related to Apostle Paul's bittersweet inner struggle. As I said "good- bye" to my sweet daughter, I experienced great sorrow but I also had this burning desire to return to my awesome husband. I felt the dark emptiness one feels leaving a loved one so far away and at the other end of the spectrum a bright joyful anticipation to be in the arms of my better half.

As Christians, we long to receive our new bodies and dwell forever in the presence of Almighty God, in a place free of tears and sadness but we are also driven by our passions to remain here on earth and bear much fruit as we complete our God-given assignments. We feel the call of the things we must do before we step into eternity. But rest assured that, there is a time for everything (Ecclesiastes 3:1) and He has made everything beautiful in its time (Ecclesiastes 3:11). So let us thank God for each day while it is still called today and make the most of each moment.

Love,
Jackie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ