Finish the Race!

But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.Acts 20:24 (NKJV)

The Holy Spirit revealed to the Apostle Paul that chains and tribulations awaited him in every city (Acts 20:23), yet he was not moved. May we never be moved by the events and external circumstances of this world. The way we live our lives is the loudest message we preach. May our lives, words and actions tell of the glory of our faithful God.

In The Message version of Acts 20:24, the Apostle Paul says, “What matters most to me is to finish what God started: the job the Master Jesus gave me of letting everyone I meet know all about this incredibly extravagant generosity of God.”

Never lose sight of the finish line! This is the only race worth running. (2 Timothy 4:7b MSG). When all is said and done, may we all be able to speak these words, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.”  (2 Timothy 4:7 NLT)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ