Deeper Dependence

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to relieve me of this. But he answered me, “My grace is always more than enough for you, and my power finds its full expression through your weakness.” So I will celebrate my weaknesses, for when I’m weak I sense more deeply the mighty power of Christ living in me. 2 Corinthians 12:8-9 (TPT)

The Apostle Paul says, “I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan’s angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees.” (2 Corinthians 12:7 MSG) If you have something that feels like a thorn in your flesh, let it draw you into a deeper dependence on God. His power finds its full expression through our weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:10 (TPT), says our weakness becomes a portal to God’s power.

2 Corinthians 12:10 (MSG) goes on to say: …I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become. Amen.


Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ