Life vs. More Life

Alive, I'm Christ's messenger; dead, I'm his bounty. Life versus even more life! I can't lose.
As long as I'm alive in this body, there is good work for me to do. If I had to choose right now, I hardly know which I'd choose. Hard choice! The desire to break camp here and be with Christ is powerful. Some days I can think of nothing better. But most days, because of what you are going through, I am sure that it's better for me to stick it out here.
Philippians 1:21-24 (The Message)

For believers, to live is Christ and to die is to gain even more life, in the realm of the eternal. I so appreciate Apostle Paul's perspective here. He says, to leave this life and be with Christ is much better by far. But because of what believers go through on this earth, it is more useful to the body of Christ for us to remain and do our part here on earth, building each other up and sharing the Good News. As Romans 14:8 says, if we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ