Thorn in Your Flesh?

So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.2 Corinthians 12:7b (NLT)

The Message translation says, so I wouldn’t get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan’s angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. Are you being pricked? So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor (1 Peter 5:6, NLT). And remember what the Lord said: “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness,” (2 Corinthians 12:9a, NKJV). His grace (favor, loving-kindness and mercy) is more than enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ