What He Wills

Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. "Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."
Mark 14:35-36 (NIV)

Our Christian walk always boils down to obedience. To claim being a Christian is supposed to mean we are consistently growing to be more and more like Him everyday. Jesus was obedient to the Father in all ways, even to the point of death. In the process of writing my second book I often struggle with three simple little words of direction I received from God, "Tell your story." 

Almost every time He puts something on my heart to include, something which I have conveniently forgotten, I go through this tug-of-war moment because it is something I would rather leave out. This morning I said to God, "This is hard." And He reminded me obedience wasn't easy for Jesus. Why should it be easy for me? So I encourage you to be obedient in all things. Not our will but God's will be done. 

Love,
Jackie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ