Burdened & Battered

Unrolling the scroll, he found the place where it was written,
God's Spirit is on me; he's chosen me to preach the Message of good news to the poor,
Sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind,
To set the burdened and battered free, to announce, "This is God's year to act!"
Luke 4:17-19 (The Message)

Jesus came to this earth to set those who are burdened and battered free. He said, "Come to me all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest," (Matthew 11:28, NCV). If you are burdened and battered, the good news is that you can be set free from the load you are lugging around by giving it all to Jesus. Let go of your load and lay your head on the shoulder of the Savior. And you will find rest for your souls (Matthew 11:29, NIV). Now is the time to walk in the freedom of the Lord.

Love,
Jackie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ