You Will See the Goodness of the LORD!

I remain confident of this: 

I will see the goodness of the LORD 

in the land of the living. 
Psalm 27:13 (NIV)

     As we sang the words of this psalm yesterday, in church, I just wanted to shout “this is MY story, this is MY song.” While singing this song, I flashed back to one of the darkest days of my life. I was depressed, hurting and hopeless. Laying on the floor of my living room one Christmas morning, I heard the devil telling me to kill myself and end my misery. I could see the hand of the LORD reaching down into my darkness. He lifted me up close to Him and spoke the words of Psalm 27:13 to me. He promised me I would see His goodness in the land of the living. That Scripture spoke life to me that day and gave me hope. Now these words are so alive and active in me because His Word has proven true in my life over and over again. If life has you down and out right now I want to encourage you to wait on the LORD. I am confident that you will see the GOODNESS of the LORD in the land of the living. Our God is faithful!
     22 years ago today I gave my life to Jesus and invited Him into my heart. I don’t know how He does it, but His goodness just keeps getting better and better, richer and richer, deeper and deeper. I am so thankful someone told me about Jesus, Savior of the world. May we be that guiding light for others. There is a dying, hurting world out there that needs to know the LOVE of Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ