Call to Holiness

And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people.”2 Corinthians 6:16 (NKJV)

Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16) As we continually hold in the forefront of our minds that God dwells in us and our bodies are His temple, I think we will be less likely to abuse our bodies with unhealthy or unholy habits. Therefore “Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you.” “I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the LORD Almighty.” (2 Corinthians 6:17-18) As offspring of Almighty God, our speech and behavior should resemble His and not the world. Since we have the promise of His constant Presence, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. (2 Corinthians 7:1) In 1 Peter 1:16, God says, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ