Pour Out Your Heart

"I am very discouraged, and I was pouring out my heart to the LORD. Don't think I am a wicked woman! For I have been praying out of great anguish and sorrow."
"In that case," Eli said, "go in peace! May the God of Israel grant the request you have asked of him."
"Oh thank you, sir!" she exclaimed. Then she went back and began to eat again, and she was no longer sad.
1 Samuel 1:15-18 (NLT)

In the Scripture above, Hannah is distressed because she was barren. However, the LORD heard the cry of her heart and gave her a son. If you are discouraged, pour your heart out to the LORD. Once Eli the priest, spoke a word of hope to Hannah, she was no longer sad. Today, we can put our hope and faith in the words of Jesus. In Mark 11:24, Jesus says, "whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Amen.

Love,
Jackie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ