Restorer of Life

But she said to them, “Do not call me Naomi; call me Mara, for the Almighty has dealt very bitterly with me. I went out full, and the LORD has brought me home again empty. Why do you call me Naomi, since the LORD has testified against me, and the Almighty has afflicted me?”  —Ruth 1:20-21 (NKJV)

First, Naomi lost her husband, then her two sons died. In Ruth 1:13, she said, “the hand of the LORD has gone out against me!” Sometimes, our pain has a way of distorting our perspective of God. Despite the bitter life events you may face, remember that God is for you and He is with you. His Holy Spirit who dwells within us, is our comforter and helper.

Naomi’s story is one of perseverance. Even though she returned to her home town empty, she had more than she realized. God was with her and her daughter-in-law, Ruth, stood by her side and listened to her instruction. As a result, Ruth married Boaz and bore a son, and Naomi was able to care for her grandchild. Then the women said to Naomi, “Blessed be the LORD, who has not left you this day without a close relative; and may his name be famous in Israel! And may he be to you a restorer of life and a nourisher of your old age; (Ruth 4:14). If God allows you to experience loss and emptiness in your life, persevere through the pain and He will fill your life again.

Comments

Unknown said…
God is so faithful!
God bless you Jackie!👧
Have a blessed day.
Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ