Perfect Unity

“I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.”John 17:20-21 (NLT)

Jesus prayed for all believers, that we would be one, just as He and the Father are one. As brothers and sisters in Christ we are to stand united. Not comparing or competing, but all being about the Father’s business, and walking in love with one another.

In John 17:22-23 (NLT), Jesus continued in prayer: “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.” If you ever prayed for an unbeliever to know Jesus, it all begins with followers of Christ coming together in perfect unity. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ