Be Grateful for Grace

…a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”  —2 Corinthians 12:7-9a (NKJV) 

In the Message Bible the Apostle Paul said, “I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan’s angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees.” May our limitations drive us to our knees and keep us from becoming proud. When we submit our lives to God, He will fill in the gaps where we fall short. When we can no longer deal with that difficult person or situation, His power and strength enables us to respond like our heavenly Father responds to us, with grace and lovingkindness.

Don’t let the painful prick of the thorn distract you from the beauty of the rose, which is all the perfect gifts God has so graciously and generously given to us.

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ