Actively Press On


Not that I have already obtained it [this goal of being Christlike] or have already been made perfect, but I actively press on so that I may take hold of that [perfection] for which Christ Jesus took hold of me and made me His own.
Philippians 3:12 (AMP)

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider that I have made it my own yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the [heavenly] prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13-14 AMP) Instead of dwelling on the loss and disappointments of 2020, look forward to 2021 with a living hope and expectation of what our great God will do and is doing right now. We must hold on to the progress we have already made (See Philippians 3:16 NLT), and press on to perfection. Press on to maturity (See Hebrews 6:1) Let’s press on to know the LORD!  (See Hosea 6:3) Press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize.

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ