Know the Truth


For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
John 8:44 (NLT)

I know this is an odd Scripture for Christmas Eve, but I was reminded in my quiet time this morning, how much of a liar the devil really is. One Christmas morning over 28 years ago, I was being bombarded with suicidal thoughts. The devil was telling me, I may as well kill myself because my life was never going to get any better. Liar, liar, liar! God has blessed my life exceedingly beyond what I could have ever imagined that day.

If this Christmas season finds you in a difficult place, remember the Scripture God gave me that morning: Psalm 27:13 (NKJV), I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. If you are being attacked with lies from the enemy, meditate in the Word of God. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free from the lies of the devil.

The LORD bless you, and keep you; The LORD make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace.”  —Numbers 6:24-26 (NASB)

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ