What was Intended for Harm...

But Joseph replied, “Don’t be afraid of me. Am I God, that I can punish you? You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people. No, don’t be afraid. I will continue to take care of you and your children.” So he reassured them by speaking kindly to them.
Genesis 50:19-21 (NLT)

After their father died, Joseph's brothers feared he would pay them back for the many wrongs they had done to him (Genesis 50:15). However, Joseph comforted them and spoke kind words to them. He realized that God had been working in His life the whole time to get him in the right position at the right time.

We may not understand why bad things happen but that is where trust becomes essential. When others intend to harm us we need to exercise our faith in God. He will work all things together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). Forgive those who have plotted evil against you or falsely accused you and let God work it all out.

Love,
Jackie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ