All that We Need

“I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.”John 10:14-15 (NKJV)

Jesus is the good shepherd. He gave His life for us. A hireling, he who is not the shepherd… will abandon the sheep when he sees the wolf coming; and the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. (John 10:12-13.) But Jesus gathers us to Himself. When trouble comes, He is by our side. He lifts us up out of the ditches and pitfalls of life and carries us close to Him. He lets us rest in green meadows; he leads us beside peaceful streams. He renews our strength. He guides us along right paths, bringing honor to his name. (Psalm 23:2-3 NLT) With the Lord as our shepherd, we have all that we need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ