Return & Rest

“Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Accept my teachings and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit, and you will find rest for your lives.Matthew 11:28-29 (NCV)

If you are tired and heavily burdened, Jesus says, “Come!” Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden... (Psalm 68:19 NASB).  When we try to do things in our own might and power, we become weary. May we rest in His Presence. The LORD gives us the strength to do all that He has called us to do, by the power of His Holy Spirit within us. There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest... (Hebrews 4:9,11).

For the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel has said this, “In returning [to Me] and rest you shall be saved, in quietness and confident trust is your strength.” (Isaiah 30:15a  AMP)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ