No Turning Back

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1 (NLT)

In order to run our race with endurance, we have to strip off the things that weigh us down. Strip off resentment, bitterness and offense. Lay aside strife, fault-finding and verbal abuse. Make a clean break away from whining and complaining. Proverbs 4:25-27 (TPT) says: Set your gaze on the path before you. With fixed purpose, looking straight ahead, ignore life’s distractions. Watch where you’re going! Stick to the path of truth, and the road will be safe and smooth before you. Don’t allow yourself to be sidetracked for even a moment or take the detour that leads to darkness.

I’m not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.Philippians 3:12-14 (MSG)

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ