Not My Will

And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.”Luke 9:23 (NASB1995)

Jesus instructs us to take up our cross and follow Him. We each have our path to travel, with it's hurdles, mountains, and valleys. Despite the trials, troubles, and tribulations we go through, let us continue to follow Jesus every day, knowing that He has already overcome this world and given us the ultimate victory. Before He was crucified, Jesus prayed three times, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.” (See Matthew 26:39, 26:42, & 26:44) In John 6:38 (NASB1995),  Jesus said: “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.” 

The cross is the where die to ourselves and live for the Most High and His Kingdom. We die to our wants and wishes and seek to do His will. When we put our eyes on the Kingdom of God first, He takes care of everything else that concerns us. In Luke 2:49 (NKJV) Jesus said: “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” May we too, be about our Father’s business. Amen.

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ