Remain in Him

Remain in Me, and I in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself but must remain in the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; the one who remains in Me, and I in him bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.” —John 15:4-5 (NASB1995)

Jesus is the true vine, and His Father is the vinedresser. (See John 15:1) We must remain in Him in order to live abundant, fruitful lives. We can do nothing of eternal value apart from our Savior. In Jesus, the Father has provided everything we need. He empowers us to do all that He has given us to do. Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings.” (John 8:31 NLT) Faithful disciples closely follow His teachings and are led by the Holy Spirit. As believers, let us stay intimately connected to Christ and be engaged in a continual conversation with our Heavenly Father. 

My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me.Psalm 63:8 (NKJV)

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ