Stay Connected

“I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.”John 5:30 (NKJV)


Even Jesus said He could do nothing by Himself. Why do we try to operate outside of God’s will? John 15:5 says, Jesus is the vine, we are the branches. Without Jesus we can do nothing. When we abide in Him, we bear much fruit.

Let us have the same attitude of Christ: not our will, but His be done. We accomplish this as we abide in Him, that means staying connected to Him, like vines are connected to the branch. As we surrender, submit, and sacrifice (not the most popular words in the world today), we will abide in Him. The first step in this ongoing process is surrender, give up, raise your hands and give God the praise. Second is submit, cooperate with and participate in God’s plan. Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7) Third, become a living sacrifice. Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.. (Romans 12:1 NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ