A Faithful Friend

Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you.” — John 15:13-14 (NASB)

     God sent Jesus to preach good news to the poor, heal the brokenhearted, announce freedom to all captives, and pardon all prisoners. (See Isaiah 61:1) Jesus is King of kings and Lord of lords. (Revelation 19:16)  He is the holy Lamb that was slain. “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.” (Revelation 5:12) He rules and reigns as the Lion from the tribe of Judah (Revelation 5:5), who has overcome the world. 
     He is also our Friend and constant Companion, IF we do what He commanded. In John 15:15 (NASB), Jesus said: “No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you.” Jesus is the true friend who sticks closer than a brother. (Proverbs 18:24) He has held nothing back from us. He gave His all. May we give our all to Him and seek first the Kingdom of God.

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ