An Open Door

‘I know your deeds. Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and have not denied My name. Revelation 3:8 (NASB1995)

Doors allow access or restrict it. When the Lord opens the door, no one is able to close it and when He closes the door, no one can open it. In Acts 5:19-20, an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought the apostles out, so they could give the people the message of life. In First Corinthians 16:9 (NASB1995), the Apostle Paul said: …a wide door for effective service has opened to me, and there are many adversaries. Even though Yeshua opens the door, you may still encounter opposition. But remember, that if God called you to it, He will get you through it.

The most important door that has been opened to us is the door of faith in Jesus as the Messiah and Savior. In John 10:7,9 (NASB1995), Jesus said: “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.” Acts 14:27 says that God had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles also. Today, we have an open invitation to enter.  “Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, ‘Lord, open up to us!’ then He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know where you are from.’ (Luke 13:24-25 NASB1995)

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ