It is Good

It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes. Psalm 119:71 (NASB1995)

I am exceedingly afflicted; Revive me, O LORD, according to Your word. (Psalm 119:107 NASB1995) Look upon my suffering and rescue me, for I have not forgotten your instructions. (Psalm 119:153 NLT) Even affliction serves its purpose. Pain and suffering has a way of humbling us and causing us to look to Yahweh and cling to His living Word. It has a way of bringing us back to our Hiding Place and what we know. Psalm 119:67 (VOICE) says: Before I had trouble, I strayed from the true path, the path of righteousness, but now I live according to Your word. If you have strayed away from truth, let the Word of God, guide you back onto the path of life. 

As we persevere difficulties, we find strength in the Lord. The woman who had a hemorrhage for 12 years, found strength to push her way through the crowd, in order to touch the cloak of Jesus. Immediately the flow of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of her affliction. (See Mark 5:25-29)

This is my comfort in my affliction, that Your word has revived me and given me life. (Psalm 119:50 AMP) If Your law had not been my delight, then I would have perished in my time of trouble. (Psalm 119:92 AMP) God comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. (See 2 Corinthians 1:4 NLT)


Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ