A Shield About Me

But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the One who lifts my head. I was crying to the LORD with my voice, and He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah. Psalms 3:3-4 (NASB1995)

Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection. (Proverbs 30:5 NLT) Just as soldiers have to keep a tight hold on their shield for it to be effective, we have to hold onto Yahweh, and hide in Him to be kept safe from the flaming arrows of the evil one. Blessed be the LORD, because He has heard the voice of my supplication. The LORD is my strength and my [impenetrable] shield; My heart trusts [with unwavering confidence] in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I shall thank Him and praise Him. (Psalms 28:6-7 AMP) Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. (Psalms 55:22 NASB1995)

…I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, because He has dealt bountifully with me.Psalms 13:5-6 (NASB1995)

Popular posts from this blog

He Leads & Guides

Know & Believe

Don't Drift