Actively Press On

Not that I have already obtained it [this goal of being Christlike] or have already been made perfect, but I actively press on so that I may take hold of that [perfection] for which Christ Jesus took hold of me and made me His own.Philippians 3:12 (AMP)

In  Luke 10:41 (NLT), Jesus said: “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details!” Today, so many things pull for our attention. Don’t let the enemy distract you from the important things with eternal value by keeping you busy with temporary things that will not last through the fire. Instead of fretting about the future or being held back by your past, keep your eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith (See Hebrews 12:2 NLT), and press on! No turning back.

No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. —Philippians 3:13-14 (NLT)

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ