Delight in the LORD

Delight yourself in the LORD; and He will give you the desires of your heart.Psalm 37:4 (NASB1995)

When we delight ourselves in the LORD, the greatest desire of our hearts is for more of Him. One thing I have asked of the LORD, and that I will seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD [in His presence] all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD’s perfections and meditating in his Temple. (See Psalm 27:4 AMP/NLT) As I read in a devotion this morning, instead of seeking perfection in this fallen world, let us pour our energy into seeking God, the Perfect One. He is much less interested in right circumstances than in right responses to whatever comes our way.

O taste and see that the LORD [our God] is good; How blessed [fortunate, prosperous, and favored by God] is the man who takes refuge in Him.Psalm 34:8 (AMP)

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ