Press On!

Five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep. I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren; I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.2 Corinthians 11:24-27 (NASB1995)

Despite all of the difficulties, the Apostle Paul went through, he made a decision to press on. In Philippians 3:12-13 (NASB1995), he says: Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead…

Whatever challenges come your way, forget what lies behind and press on. Let nothing stand in your way. Sprint toward the only goal that counts: to cross the line, to win the prize, and to hear God’s call to resurrection life found exclusively in Jesus the Anointed. (See Philippians 3:14 VOICE)

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ