Our Only Hope

We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing. We heap up wealth, not knowing who will spend it. And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. Psalm 39:6-7 (NLT)

“Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered— how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.” Interlude (Psalm 39:4-5 NLT) Worldly wealth and material possessions will not last forever. Put your hope in the everlasting God, now and always. He is our Savior, Redeemer and Defender. His love for us never fails, it is as vast as the heavens and His faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds. (See Psalm 36:5) We put our hope in the LORD. He is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. (Psalm 33:20-21) So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the LORD! (See Psalm 31:23 NLT)

Don’t envy sinners, but always continue to fear the LORD. You will be rewarded for this; your hope will not be disappointed.Proverbs 23:17-18 (NLT)

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ