Press On!

Remember [what happened to] Lot’s wife [when she looked back]! Luke 17:32 (AMP)

When Lot and his family were being rescued from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot’s wife looked back, after being warned by the angels not to look back. They were told to escape to the mountains, or they would be swept away. But his wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt. (See Genesis 19:15-17,19:26) Don’t look back on that low, valley living with regret, or longing. Let go of any anger and bitterness from past wrongs. In Isaiah 42:9 (AMP), the LORD says: “Indeed, the former things have come to pass, now I declare new things; Before they spring forth I proclaim them to you.

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider that I have made it my own yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the [heavenly] prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13-14 AMP) His ways and His thoughts are higher than ours. He is calling us to move onward, upward, and forward, in Christ. Let us Press On! Amen.

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ