Clothed with Patience?

God has chosen you and made you his holy people. He loves you. So you should always clothe yourselves with mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
Colossians 3:12 (NCV)

Yesterday, in my haste to leave the house, I forgot to put on patience. According to my schedule, I could run some errands and head for home in 30 minutes. But God had a different timetable. While stuck in traffic on Interstate 15 for more than 30 minutes, I kept looking at my watch and wondering when traffic was going to start moving. If I had remembered to clothe myself in patience, I would have used that time to pray for those involved in the accident and their families. I would have thanked God for keeping me and my family safe, and my spirit would have been full of peace.

Once I made it to a bookstore, I ran into a dear friend I hadn't seen in months. Then, I realized if things had flowed according to my schedule, I would have missed this blessing. Next time you're in a jam, remember you are exactly where God wants you. And don't forget to clothe yourself with patience.

Love,
Jackie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ