Come Thirsty

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”Matthew 11:28 (NLT)

Jesus calls all people to come to Him, let us come thirsty. Rainwater that falls on hard ground rolls on without seeping in, but when the ground is thirsty, it absorbs the water and is changed. When we come to Jesus but resist submitting to His ways, our hearts are hard and we are not open to receive what He has for us. However, when we come to Jesus thirsty, wanting more of Him, His living water is able to penetrate our hearts and we are changed. He refreshes, revives and satisfies our souls.

O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you… (Psalm 63:1, NLT)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ