Invest in the Kingdom

“Do not store up for yourselves [material] treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in and steal;”Matthew 6:19-20 (AMP)


The material things we accumulate in this life, will eventually disintegrate and become rubbish. Let us invest into the Kingdom of God. In Matthew 25:35-36, Jesus said: “I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.” And in Matthew 25:40, He says, “...inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.”  Let's not only invest our finances, but our talents and time also.

As we walk in love, peace and unity with others, we are expanding the Kingdom of God. When we show patience, kindness and gentleness to those difficult personalities, we are occupying more territory for God’s kingdom. When we exercise self-control to do God’s will, instead of our own, we are investing into His kingdom. Amen.

Popular posts from this blog

Be Clothed with Humility

The King of Glory

Be Captivated by Christ