A Thorn in the Flesh

Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself!2 Corinthians 12:7 (NASB1995)

Concerning this thorn, Paul says, three different times, he begged the Lord to take it away. And the Lord said, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Paul adds: “So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.” (See 2 Corinthians 12:8-9)

What kinds of challenges may God be allowing in our lives to keep us from becoming prideful and arrogant? What prickly situation is calling for patience and perseverance? May we never think more highly of ourselves than we ought to. Everything we have, and all of our talents and abilities, we have received from Elohim, our Creator. And He imparts His grace to empower us and give us strength in the midst of our struggles.

Popular posts from this blog

Be Fruitful

Look to the LORD

A Gift from God